Monday, February 7, 2011

Yellow Cervical Mucus Before Menstruation

Trombonist (fem. singular)

She's young, she is beautiful, she was attractive, she is a musician. No, this is not one of those shoots which, pushed through by the music industry (because it is a real industry with all that that word includes greasy and dirty), would converted into a pouf peroxidized.

Perhaps because his talent for music, it brings to an instrument that is not very feminine, the trombone. Or perhaps thanks to Ray Charles, who has supported and encouraged his knowledge and his passion for real Jazzman, far from the image of the producer / manager who broods and smothers his young flock uncon scious in a straitjacket that it imposes.


Sarah Morrow is a white, is a jazz trombonist, and the first woman instrumentalist in the orchestra of Ray Charles.

woman of many faces, she is playing with modern hip-hop bases jazz type music negro "as called Duke Ellington, jazz or funk, and especially Jamaica. Beautiful solos, climbs to a crescendo, a delicacy in his art of trombone (Is this due to this famous female sensibility?) And in his compositions, including some very nice parts for viola and bass know very well put value. E because it is not just covers of Ray Charles or integrate orchestras or groups of Fame (tour Europeavec Foley, former lead bass for Miles Davis, Duke Ellington Orchestra in 1998 and the Squirrel Nut Zippers), providing also the first part of Chick Corea and Bireli Lagrene with propore compound where

beautiful it makes the aprt to his instrument, sometimes found one or two other instruments, according to his will.


His first album, "Green Light" (2000) is u such success in Europe it continues with the second in 2002. " Standards and Other Stories" is also very well received by Jazz Man and Hot Jazz, the Monthly referrals for jazz lovers.

In 2007, it confirmed its modernity with the group Elektrik Air , it form with Sam Barsh / Rober Glasper on piano, Fender Rhodes on bass, Nate Robinson / Chris Dave on drums and Jahi Sundance on turntables. Reconnecting with trends Hip Hop with jazzy colors and return to his roots as an electric model.


[Interview before the first concert of Sarah Morrow on stage Matisse at Nice Jazz Festival 2000]


Why do you thing the trombone as an instrument?

Sarah Morrow: "You know, I really do not know why I thing the clip ..

In fact, I started playing the clarinet, but I do not know why, I always wanted to play the trombone ..

like my parents did not want me to stop the clarinet, I had to lie and tell them that the dentist advised me to switch instruments as the clarinet teeth lost myself ..

I do not know if they believed me or if they realized that I really wanted to play the trombone, but they let me put myself on trombone. "


What was your first encounter with jazz?

Sarah Morrow: "The first time I listened to jazz, I had turned 17 and I was in high school. There is a big band in Columbus, the city

where I come from in Ohio, and I started going to listen to their concerts ..

and was the first time I heard a big band jazz

I loved, and I knew right away that it was the music I wanted to do

But only a few years later, I started to play ..

when I heard playing jazz in small groups, and that I really click "


What are the trombonists who influence you the most?

Sarah Morrow: "Well, I would have to say JJ Johnson, Curtis Fuller, Slide Hampton and Steve Turre. These are my favorite trombonists. "



You were" discovered "by Ray Charles, how was your meeting?

Sarah Morrow: "Well, it was the artist guest of a local orchestra, the" Dayton Symphony Orchestra, and they called me to play jazz trombone with him for two concerts that he had to do ..

and it turned out he needed a trombone player and he liked what he heard

is how we met

Two weeks later I was on tour with his band! "



In your opinion, is it more difficult for a woman than for a man to be a jazz musician?

Sarah Morrow: "Probably the same way as in all professions who are responsible primarily male

I think it's a challenge, and we should not let this kind of thing you try to prevent or discourage you

must do things one after the other and keep moving, and I believe that opportunities will arise, eventually. "



And why do you think women are so rare they are musicians in jazz, although this is changing?

Sarah Morrow: "Yes, that's changing, there are more and more women ..

I think this is due to our society, our education ..

Myself, I started to play jazz rather late, simply because I did not think I could, because I am a woman ..

I remember thinking my mother would jazz musician ever ..

I think we are raised with some ideas about what our role in society, but it is clearly changing, everywhere and in all professions, which is a good thing. "

Diane H .

0 comments:

Post a Comment